Steel Plant Specialties LLP
- Nature of BusinessExporter
- Total Number of EmployeesUpto 10 People
- Year of Establishment2013
- Legal Status of FirmLLP under LLP Act, 2008.
- Annual TurnoverRs. 1 - 2 Crore
- GST No.27ACMFS2232A1ZG
Steel Plant Specialities (SPS), established in 1985, manufactures cost-saving coatings and lubricants for metal forming processes like hot forging, heat treatment, hot rolling and casting. ISO 9001 certified QMS are followed at SPS.
SPS is the preferred supplier and in many cases, sole supplier of specially developed niche products to industry leaders like Bharat Forge Ltd., Mahindra Forgings Ltd., Amtek Auto Ltd., Hero Group, GNA Group, Bajaj Motors Ltd., Ferromatic Milacron, Forbes Marshall, L&T, Godrej, Kalyani Steels, Thyssenkrupp, Rourkela Steel Plant and many more. Products manufactured by SPS are exported to Poland, Spain, Holland, Greece, UK, USA, Taiwan, Vietnam, Brazil and few other countries.
The innovation team at Steel Plant Specialities includes seasoned metallurgical engineers from the well acclaimed Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Mumbai and experienced chemists who have developed breakthrough protective coatings and lubricants for metal forming processes.
Products demonstrations at customers' Plants are carried out by SPS technicians with many years of industrial experience. On-time product delivery and ready stock of products as per customers' requirements are managed by authorised dealers of SPS throughout India.
Popular products manufactured by SPS are:
1. Hot forging die lubricants and effective die lubricant spraying systems: Reduced forging costs due to increased die life and zero pollution are proven by the use of graphiteless, water-soluble white lubricants and graphite based water-miscible lubricants manufactured by SPS. Effective, low-maintenance spraying systems ensure optimal die lubrication and no lubricant wastage.
2. Anti scale protective coatings to prevent or reduce scaling and decarburisation during heat treatment, hot forging & hot rolling: These coatings can withstand high temperatures up to 1300 deg. C. Preventing rejections due to scaling, reduced quench cracks, increased yield, reduced shot-blasting time due to reduced scaling and improved surface finish are benefits proven by the use of anti-scale protective coatings manufactured by SPS.
3. Oil-cleaning solutions for completely dissolving and cleaning oil from shop floors, machinery, oil-quenched components and workmens' oily hands: Water based oil-cleaning solutions have proven to be much more effective and economical as compared with cheap detergent, kerosene or acids. Proven to remove solid layer of oil and dust settled on floor for many months. Manpower and time for cleaning will be substantially reduced. Removes oil and dirt from machinery, without affecting paint finish. Completely cleans off oil from workmen's oily hands without causing dryness, burning or peeling of hands.
4. Refractory protective coating: These coatings can withstand high temperatures up to 1900 deg. C. Increased refractory lining life, increased heat uniformity, increased emissivity in furnace and fuel saving are proven by the use of refractory protective coatings manufactured by SPS.
5. Selective gas nitriding stop-off paste to prevent hardening of desired areas during gas nitriding and plasma ion nitriding.
Noteworthy achievements through use of SPS products:
1. 80% increase in forging die life achieved through import-substitute die lubricant manufactured by SPS. Zero pollution achieved due to switchover from oil based lubricant to SPS make water soluble graphiteless lubricant with spraying system.
2. Rejection of heat treated components reduced from 24% to 3% at a leading forge shop using SPS anti scale protective coating.
3. ISO 14000 certification was facilitated due to clean and oil-free shop floor and machinery by the use of SPS oil-cleaning solutions.